Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 1 - October 4, 2010

Today I went on a company visit to:
• SSS (Social Security System)
• First Web Academy

What I learned:
• On the first day of our major field trip and seminars in Manila, we visited the SSS office located at East Avenue, Quezon City. I learned that having or being a member in SSS could be very helpful in any cases its because this company was also linked to other big companies worldwide which means its membership or its card is recognize by this company. One of the speaker there, discuss about the different benefits an SSS member can get. There are these cash allowance for sickness and maternity, cash benefits for disability, retirement, death, and funeral. I also found out that they have now databases that is currently operational, one is within the metro, and the other is in a province-like place. The CIO of SSS said that the main database is used for their daily transactions to exchange information and store it, while the other on is used as a back-up in case of disaster or any technical problem that may occur in the main database, in this way the service of SSS won’t be interrupted and is convenient for the people and the employees. They also show us to their facilities including the area where they produce the SSS ID card, which they stop producing because of another universal-like ID which is composed of other companies.

• The second company we visited is the First Web Academy in Makati City which is one of the country's leading providers of digital TESDA-approved design technology courses. With its continuing dedication to curriculum development, it is fast becoming a preeminent gateway for careers in advertising, animation design, multimedia communication and web development. One of the employee there showed us how to make a 3-d apple using their software. I have learned from them that being a graphic artist doesn’t require that you must really know how to draw. As long as you have this what they called “a wild imagination”. Since I am an art lover and also I really love to draw, how I wish I could enroll in this academy to learn many things about graphic designs and also animation.

 
What I liked:
• I like their accommodation, because I can really tell that they prepared for our arrival because of the hospitality and kindness they show to us, they have nice ambiance of conference room, well-educated speakers and good snacks. The tour in their building is a great experience.

• I like their facilities. I also like the sample artworks of those graphic artist there. How I wish I could also become a graphic artist someday. It is one of my greatest dream.

What I don’t like:
• Nothing.. It’s a great experience touring in SSS bldg.

• I don’t like the rooms were they brief us, because it is like unattended cellar. Actually, it just came to my mind that “Sutherland - Davao is way better than here”.


No comments:

Post a Comment