Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 3 - October 6, 2010

Today I went on a company visit to:
• PLDT (Philippine Long Distance Telecommunications)
• ASTI (Advance Science & Technology Institute)
• TTI (Telecom Training Institute)

What I learned:
• I learned that we, IT student have great opportunity to be hire in any PLDT branch because they usually need some technical related courses. They have machines developed that are automated and synchronize to the system like the ATM that is automated for the users that is affiliated with PLDT.

• I learned that ASTI makes application/products that is already in market and is very useful for the people that studies related to computer technology. They usually produce embedded technologies like GDAT Data Acquisition terminal, PICME microcontroller kit, GSM data terminal, Digital wood meter, and Digital multimeter. They also discuss their projects like the early warning system for tsunami, PREDICT, and field monitoring system. The developers of Bayanihan Linux OS, also presented their developed OS which is a proud to be Filipino product.

• In TTI, I learned how to use fiber optics in connecting lines that is used in telecommunications, that it is very dangerous in handling such thing. The speakers also discussed the things about LAN networking and what are the processes undergone by the information before it is received by the receiver. They also explained some of the technical machines they have like Digital multiplex masterstation, and the processes like sampling, quantisizing, coding, and the mux.


What I liked:
• I liked the person who toured us around because at his very young age, he already acquires a good position in a great company like PLDT, which makes him one of the best employees. I think he is really smart for accomplishing such thing in his life.
• I liked the speakers of the seminar for they have answered our questions to best that they can. They didn’t show us the whole place but, they have properly explained and discussed the thing that is significant to the tour.

• I liked the speakers/instructors patience to all of us for discussing and sharing the things that he knew and making it to be one of the best tours.



What I don’t liked:
• I don’t like the fact that we were just in a limited time because we need to go to another place so the speaker didn’t have the opportunity to explain further about some topics related to technical solutions.

• I don’t the time given for each batch of students because it is just very short and I guess it needs some time to discuss all subjects that is significant.

• I don’t like the appearance of the building and also some parts of the building as we tour it inside. It is true that they have great machineries but I guess better place is also a plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment